- Open to kids in Australia, between the ages of 8 and 13.
- The idea and pitch must be entirely created by kids. Parents can help their kids film, keeping in mind that this is a competition for kids, but parents must upload and submit the video for their child.
- Applicant’s parent/guardian must grant permission for Applicant to enter the First Pitch For Kids challenge by completing the electronic permission section of the entry form on the website.
- Applicants may be Individual or Teams. The Teams may consist of 2 or more members and must adhere to Covid-19 restrictions where applicable. Everyone on the team must be between the ages of 8-13.
- Video entries must be no longer than 3 minutes. We recommend that they be a minimum of 60 seconds.
- Video entries to be submitted online.
- Deadline to apply is October 9th, 2020 at 11:59PM AEST. State Finalists will be notified by October 9th, 2020
- National Finalists will have 7 minutes TOTAL to present their idea and answer the judges questions. First Pitch For Kids will take place on October 22, 2020 at 6 pm AEST, via Zoom/WebEx.
- The Judges will pick a winner based on their objective analysis of the ideas and pitches. The audience winner will be chosen via an audience poll on Zoom. Winners will be announced at the end of the event.
Entries will be disqualified if:
They contain vulgar, obscene or indecent language or behaviour. They are otherwise deemed inappropriate in the sole discretion of the judges.
*** Note: The purpose of First Pitch For Kids is to create a fun event that teaches entrepreneurship to kids. The registration form is used only to communicate to families about First Pitch For Kids 2020. Names are never sold or used for any other purpose.
*** If you have any questions, please email Jim Schuman, Co-Founder of First Pitch, at email@example.com
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity of the idea, business name, and video
- Communication of the pitch
- Problem solved, service, or product
- Value created
- Overall quality